Welcome to Pibros!
Pibros is a cheap simple foamie for fun/combat slope soaring, by Marcel Guwang. Hundreds have been built from these pages. Here you will find:
- Building instructions in English
- Balsa, i/c powered and electric variants
- Feedback from fellow builders
Slope racing pilot Richard Frawley writes:
|"I had my first introduction to the Pibros in March of 1997 at the Spanish F3F at Arilla. The French F3F team brought five of these delightful craft to the event.
What is great about the Pibros is that there is no fear about handing the sticks to another pilot. There is little chance that irreparable damage can be sustained.
As far as flight performance goes, I wasnt disappointed. The hardest part was handing back the controls. I was hooked, I wanted one and I wanted one now!"
How to build your Pibros
The instructions are provided as a set of pages which you can select from the list on the left.
To print a page, display the page then:
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer, right click in the righthand frame and select Print.
- In Netscape, click in frame and select Print Frame from the File menu.
- Richard Frawley
- English instructions
- Marcel Guwang (section 1) Richard Frawley (sections 2 - 6)
- Marcel Guwang, Steve Cooper
- Other contributors
- Nick Wierda, Traugott Emrich, Matias Rajkay
- Page management
- Mike Shellim
Marcel, thank you for a great design and for permission to reproduce it!