EPP 60 Rules
The information on this page is no longer maintained and may be out of date.
Start of a heat, Hole of Horcum
- 60" span max
- Front 25% of wing must be EPP
- No restriction on construction of spars
- No restriction on the construction of the moveable control surfaces
- Fuselage surface must be 1/4 inch min EPP
- Tailplane, fin, rudder: balsa, correx or foam.
- Nose of model must be solid EPP to 2 inches
- Soft covering only throughout
- No AUW limit
Comps are split into two sections, a heats and a knockout section. Each
section is scored separately and worth 50 points max. Therefore the maximum
score overall is 100 points.
Each pilot's four best competition scores are added together to form the league score. If comps are abandoned, then best 4 from 5 count, or best 3 from 4 or best 2 from 3.
Summary of changes for 2006
- Amended EPP cladding on fuselages to allow models with stub booms [e.g. Half-pipe] (4.3.1).
- Reduced minimum thickness of EPP at nose to 1.5 inches (4.3.3).
- Amended ballast location rules (4.6.1).
- Added 'no relaunch' rule (6.1.3).